Metal is fabrication is the process of assembling a metal structure from individual parts made from standard metal stock which can include, sheet, plate, bar and tube (as well as extrusions in the case of aluminium).
This can include various processes used to cut the metal to size, shape it and join it such as :
cold forming, including open die forming and pressing
drilling and punching
welding brazing and soldering
Fabrication also tends to imply that at least some of the parts are (more or less) permanently joined and so it tends to be closely associated with welding processes.
Related Industry Knowledge
- The main purpose of sheet metal
- Welding Technology
- Metal welding
- Future welding process
- The development trend of welding technology
- Welding method
- Aluminum industry
- Aluminum processing
- Stainless steel products
- What is the purpose of metal fabrication?
- How did people machine metal parts manually bef...
- Which company produce top quality Glass Balustr...
- Steel Fabrication
- What do steel fabricators do?
- What is steel fabric?